A few years back, social media marketing wasn’t as common as it is nowadays. Now just about everyone understands the power of the internet. As such, no marketing strategy is complete without social media marketing. Only the internet has the power to make your product visible to millions of people at once.
Every business is engaged in social media marketing, but not everyone’s strategy is a success. With such tight competition, you need an effective strategy that can actually attract customers and make them want your product or service.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to ponder so hard over it. We have you covered. We will discuss seven social media strategies that should definitely be integrated into your social media marketing campaign.
Seven Social Media Marketing Strategies
1. Create Goals
The first very basic step to devise a strategy is to understand your targets. Social media marketing isn’t about making a page and posting your products photo: it requires time and proper attention.
Social media marketing is like cooking a meal, meaning you have to have all your ingredients right. That is why setting goals is very critical. You can’t expect to gain a million followers at the very beginning, but you can set more attainable goals for yourself.
Observe the major challenges you’re facing and list down the solutions through social media campaigns.
2. Through Research of Your Audience
We all want to engage with our favorite brands through social media so that we get all the updates. Approximately 79% of adults are on Facebook, but are they interacting with your brand over there? You need to decide which audience you want to target. You can target people by age, occupation, even relationship status.
All these factors play an important role in the success of your campaign. Maybe you’re doing everything right, but you’re targeting the wrong audience. If so, it won’t get you the customer traction you actually require. So do thorough research about your audience. Know the demographics and act accordingly.
For example, Facebook’s popular demographics show that:
- 89% of users are women
- 88% of users are 18-29 years old
- Urban and rural users are 81% each
Whereas Instagram’s popular demographics say:
- 38% of users are women
- 59% of the users are between 18-29 years of age.
- Urban users are 39%
- 38% of users are earning less than $30,000.
3. Establish Your Metrics
The engagement metrics of your campaign allow you to monitor the overall engagement of your target audience. Here are some other metrics you should consider tracking:
- Reach Monitor: Is your content effective enough to lead to sales?
- Clicks: Clicks parameter is set up to know how many clicks your post gets. How many clicks lead to sales? Tracking clicks is essential to know the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Hashtags: The hashtags metric allows you to know which hashtags are trending, which hashtag was associated with your brand, and which hashtag actually made the audience engage with your brand.
- Sentiments: Know what actually triggers the emotions of your audience. Marketing is actually making the emotions trigger in a certain way that it actually divert the attraction towards your brand or product.
4. Research Your Competitors’ Strategy
Researching your competitors’ strategies. By doing so, you can glean a number of great ideas that might work for your brand. You shouldn’t outright steal their ideas, but you can gain from them.
5. Create Engaging Content
Words are something that can make and break someone’s image. Building engaging content that actually enlightens people with the brand’s services and products can earn you dedicated customers. So create content based on real facts and figures to attract the potential target.
6. Always Engage with Your Audience
Social media sites are basically to engage, inform, and enlighten the audience. So always keep yourself in touch with the audience, respond to their queries, and keep your page or group running always.
Post at the best time to engage, a time when you know more of the potential audience will be active.
7. Keep Track of Your Campaign
A constant analysis of your campaign keeps you informed about the progress of the campaign. Without continuously analyzing your efforts, you’ll never know how your campaign is doing.
In today’s world, your brand is practically non-existent without social media marketing. So do it right, and see your business grow.
Author Bio: Robert James is an MIS with a vast experience and research on personal and home security tech and gadgets. He also write on Xfinity offers. He is an MMA Fighter and Technology enthusiast with a will to act. Tech Writer and Researcher with a flare to review the latest security tech and gadgets.
Please send us feedback…….
- 7 Easy to Implement Social Media Marketing Strategies for 2018: Chaudhary Kaleem